Shikani Speaking Valve™ (Clear)
Shikani Speaking Valve™ (Blue)
Shikani Speaking Valve™ Lanyard – Pack of 6
The Shikani Speaking Valve™ and Shikani HME™ are covered by private insurance carriers in addition to Medicare and Medicaid. For reimbursement, please feel free to submit this claim form to your insurance company using the following codes:
- Shikani Speaking Valve™: HCPCS prosthetic code L8501 (tracheostomy and ventilator speaking valve)
- Shikani HME™: HCPCS prosthetic code A7507 (filter holder and integrated filter without adhesive, for use in a tracheostoma heat and moisture exchange system)
The Airway Company’s products can be ordered by e-mail, fax, or phone:
- E-mail: please download our order form and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: please print our order form and fax it to (877) 707-7263
- Phone: please call (800) 707-8458
Also, for general inquiries regarding our products, please e-mail email@example.com or call (800) 707-8458.
An account with The Airway Company’s billing department is established when placing your order. Payment can be made by credit card (preferred) or by check. Net payment is due 30 days following the invoice date.
Shipping delivery options include Ground, 2-day, and Overnight.
For Government Entities (e.g. VA Hospitals)
The Airway Company has secured a Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code, as assigned by the Department of Defense’s Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), for orders from VA Hospitals and from the federal government. Our CAGE Code is 6ZFQ0.
For International Customers
If you are an international customer, please contact us and we can accommodate your order.
Some additional ordering information can be found below. If any further information is needed, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Additional Ordering Instructions for Patients
- Ordering through The Airway Company: You can order the Shikani Speaking Valve™ and the Shikani HME™ through The Airway Company (see above instructions). However, we are unable to directly bill your insurance company, and so we request your payment in advance. You can then submit your payment receipts to your insurance company for reimbursement. Please follow the above guidelines and feel free to submit this claim form to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Ordering through Your Provider: Your provider (e.g. speech language pathologist, respiratory therapist, ENT) can order the Shikani Speaking Valve™ and the Shikani HME™ for you. However, many providers are unable to directly bill your insurance company and may ask you for payment in advance. You would then submit your payment receipts to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Ordering through a Home Respiratory Equipment Company, DME, or Similar Healthcare Products Vendor: With a prescription, your home respiratory equipment company or DME can order the Shikani Speaking Valve™ and Shikani HME™ for you and directly bill your insurance company. If the equipment company is unfamiliar with these devices, please provide them with our contact information and we would be happy to assist them with the order.
- Ordering through a Hospital or Specialty Pharmacy: Hospitals and pharmacies can order the Shikani Speaking Valve™ and the Shikani HME™ for the tracheotomy patient and directly bill your insurance company while billing for your other hospital and pharmacy costs.